So you are interested in selling your home? Wonderful! It’s great to answer a few questions so that together, you and your agent can get you where you REALLY want to be, and for you to get there on time!
Answer these questions as a way to truly figure out your motivation in putting your home on the market:
- Why are you selling?
- What is your timeframe? Ideally, when would you like to have the moving truck in the driveway?
- How much do you owe on your home? If you are not sure, find out.
- What type of improvements have you done to your home in the past 5 years? Make a list.
- What do you love about the house you are selling? What would you change?
- What initially attracted you to this home?
- What is your favorite “place” in the house? Why?
- What are you looking to accomplish with this move?
- Who is moving with you? Are they co-decision makers? If so, ask them these same questions.
- Do you know anything about the market conditions in your neighborhood? What price will you sell for?
Once you have taken stock of the product you are looking to sell, why you are selling and what the general timeframe should look like, call a real estate professional to get started.